Are you having a router issue? Here’s an easy self help fix.
From time to time nearly all electronic devices need a reboot to clear out caches, finish firmware updates and generally get a fresh start. If your internet is not functioning normally, please try the following reboot process.
However, If this occurs frequently (a few times a month), then there is likely another issue that needs to be addressed. Such as a new router, or possibly a service call.
Internet Service Reset/Reboot Procedure:
- Unplug power to the Antennae (small black box).
- Unplug the power to your router
- Power down your computer
- After 30 seconds has past, plug in the power to the Antennae (small black box)
- After another 30 seconds has past, plug the power into your router
- After waiting another 60 seconds, turn on your computer
- Test the connection and see if it is working as it should be.
If this does not resolve your internet connection issues. Give us a call or an email and we’ll help get the issue resolved.
Scott Wade | AirGrids | Office (406) 660-3101 | 610 N Montana Street, Suite 20, Dillon MT 59725